- Name | Alice Coleman
- Email | email@example.com
- Location | Cork and Tipperary, open to moving
- Degree | BSc Digital Animation Production, H1 First Class Honours
- Current Occupation | Designer, Illustrator, Lettering Artist for Comics
LSAD / LIT Clonmel | BSc Digital Animation Production | 2013 - 2017
- The modules I am most passionate about are Illustration for Animation, Drawing Principles, and Visual Communications.
- I have successfully completed all exams to date.
- Project | A 2-minute animated short as part of a 5-person team, created using ToonBoom Harmony and AfterEffects, developing teamwork and animation skills. Project selected to be shown at the Dingle Animation Festival 2016.
- Project | A kinetic text video, created using Adobe Photoshop and AfterEffects, developing timing, design, illustration, and animation skills.
- Project | Designed a character to fit into an existing game, using Photoshop and developing illustration, colour and lighting skills.
- Award | Best Audio in Pen & Pixel 2014, for recording sound and dialogue as part of a team of 3, and individually mixing a soundscape using Reaper, to create an audio comic.
- Award | Commendation Award in the LSAD Drawing Awards 2017, for a notebook submitted as an art piece.
Regina Mundi College | 2007 - 2013
- Produced a high level portfolio for entry into college.
- Was awarded Leaving Certification in Higher Level Art, Higher Level English, Higher Level Geography, Higher Level Irish, Maths, and French.
- Project | Designed information booklets, posters, and tickets for in-school events.
- Project | Designed and arranged printing of graduation hoodies for staff and students.
- Project | Took part in the Lucky Bag Project organised by Nina Tanis as part of the Cork Art Trail 2011.
- Award | Certificate of Excellence for Art and Design, 2013
St Columba's GNS | 1999 - 2007
- Developed a broad range of knowledge.
- Learned sign language, as some students and staff in the school were deaf.
Adobe | Adobe Certified Associate in Print & Digital Publication Using Adobe InDesign | 2017
- Completed an Adobe InDesign CC self-study training.
- Acquired real-world experience with Adobe InDesign CC.
- Passed the Adobe Exam: Print & Digital Publication using Adobe InDesign CC 2015
- Click HERE to view certificate
- Valid from December 2017 - December 2020
- Confident with the Adobe Suite; and have an advanced skill level in Photoshop and AfterEffects.
- Confident with animation software including ToonBoom Harmony and Flash.
- Have a good knowledge of Storyboard Pro.
- Confident with both Windows and Macintosh systems.
- Well able to use Microsoft Office, and have an advanced skill level with Word and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using Reaper.
Familiar with almost all traditional media
- Have a good understanding of interpersonal Development, Intrapersonal Development, and Effective Teamwork.
- Able to write with clarity and purpose, and able to analyse media through documentation.
- Can work well in a team, or independently with little guidance.
- Have experience working with the public, as a steward, and as a public speaker.
- Have a full clean Irish Driver's License
- Completed a manual handling training course in the summer of 2014
One Curious Chip | Online, International | 2012 - Present
Over four years experience working as a freelance illustrator, graphic designer, and motion graphic artist. Projects have included designing clothing graphics for specific clients as well as for a larger audience, producing illustrations for print on commission and independently, designing logos for various companies including Mada, EL Consulting Engineers, Madrigal'75 and more.
Ortús Chamber Music Festival | IRELAND | June 2015 - Present
Responsible for graphic design, including logo and brand identity, poster design, and festival program design.
North Press Comics | Ireland | 2016 - Present
Provided comic lettering and design for The Guards: Act I, which was released at Dublin Comic Con 2016, and received widespread positive reviews.
South Tipperary Arts Centre | Clonmel, Tipperary | October 2017
I gave a 2-hour illustration workshop as part of the South Tipperary Arts Centre's celebration of Inktober.
Lightning Strike Comics | DUBLIN, IRELAND | June 2015 - April 2016
Joined Lighting Strike Comics as a contributor providing design and some illustration for a charity comic book called The Life and Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, which was published by Lightning Strike Comics in association with Dublin Comic Con. Later provided design and lettering for a preview comic book called None Shall Pass, a story developed by Bold Puppy.
Ruth Butler | CORK, IRELAND | JULY 2015 - JUNE 2016
Collaborated with writer and musician, Ruth Butler, on production of a series of music videos which were released monthly from late 2016 until mid 2016.
Pink Kong Studios | DUBLIN, IRELAND | JUNE 2016
I worked with Pink Kong Studios as an animation and design intern for three weeks during the summer of 2016. During this time, I utilized my design, illustration, and animation skills using software including Adobe Photoshop and Flash to produce character designs, character rigs, illustrations, and animated scenes for corporate videos.
Jellybean Group | CORK, IRELAND | JUNE 2015 - December 2015
Full-time during the summer, and later part-time graphic designer and web developer with JellyBean Group. I designed web banners, flyers, and other design requirements to help promote specific products online and in print.
Collins Press | IRELAND | October 2015 - December 2015
Lettered an 88-page graphic novel called Shackleton, by Gavin McCumiskey and David Butler.
Art Teachers Association of Ireland | Athlone, IRELAND | October 2015
I was invited to talk and host a Q&A about my "Transition from the Comfort of the Art Room to the World of Third Level Art" at the ATAI annual conference 2015.
Punt Press | IRELAND | AUTUMN 2015
I joined Punt Press as a letterer on a 20-page comic called The Globalists, written by Nigel Flood and illustrated by Kevin Keane.
The Cork Comic Creator Group | Cork, IRELAND | AUTUMN 2015
Contributor to The Cork Horror Comic in 2015, as a letterer on a four-page story called Back In Time.
Cork Summer Show | CORK, IRELAND | Summer 2014
Worked with the Munster Agricultural Society in promoting The Cork Summer Show, and also as a steward in the Children's area during the event.
Huguenot Design | Dublin, Ireland | Summer 2014
Two week work placement. Developed my interpersonal skills, organisational skills, and design skills, with a focus on creating a consistent, unified collection of icons.
- I am hugely passionate about all forms of media, especially illustration, design, and animation. I work with many different types of media on a professional and personal level.
- I love stories and characters. I adore films, books, and comics. I regularly write and create my own characters, and frequently collaborate with others to build engaging stories.
- I have loved gymnastics since I was a child. I am a former member of the Irish National Gymnastics team, and have competed nationally and internationally at junior and senior level.
- I was given a commendation award at the LSAD Drawing Awards, 2017.
- I worked on a short animated film which was selected to be shown at Dingle Animation Festival 2016.
- I was awarded best audio, as part of a team, at Pen & Pixel in 2013, for an audio interpretation of an excerpt from a comic.
- I was a member of the Irish Gymnastics Team and have placed competitively nationally and internationally at junior and senior level.
- I was a finalist in the Doodle 4 Google competition in 2012, for a design I presented based on the Google logo.